When planning a shoot, there are a number of factors that need to be considered that can affect the project.
Did you know that you are responsible for hiring a CAA approved aerial filming company? There are many people flying drones; but not all of them are qualified.
Your information during the planning stage of your project is vital. You may already have a clear idea of what you want to achieve. However, if you are unsure please let us help you.
Remember planning your filming reduces time spent on post-production editing.
Below are some pointers to assist in the planning stage:
- You need to provide us with details of the Location.
- Full address including postcode – this will help decide if it is actually possible and legal to do your shoot. It must also be safe to fly.
- Is it an inside or an outside?
- Subject matter i.e. what will we be filming.
- Date and time required.
- Do you know of any local hazards e.g.
- Power lines or pylons.
- Mobile phone mast.
- Low telephone cables.
- Trees etc.
- Do you own the land or structure and have permission to allow us to film? We will need permission to fly from owner.
- Do you have or need permission from individuals that might be in frame?
- Budget: This will depend on your requirements and the size of the job. Location, Editing, time of day and how many of us are required on site, will have an affect on the cost. let us help you work this out.
- Editing: Do you want unedited video footage and photographs? Or do you want us to do all of this for you?
- Remember when shooting outside the weather plays a huge part in the whole process if there is rain or high winds we cannot fly. safety is our primary concern.
- Lighting conditions will affect your desired output. So the time of day will need to be considered for filming.
Once all of this information is gathered and passed onto us, we at VolaDrone can start our Pre-Flight survey to ascertain if there are any other factors that need to be considered.